When it comes to anti-aging treatments, injection fillers are sweeping the nation and gaining popularity, even in Canada. With so many options available from Botox to Juvederm that rejuvenate the appearance of aging skin, how do you which one is right for you?
Here we outline the main difference of Botox and Juvederm to hopefully help you narrow it down as there are minor but important differences.
Botox vs. Juvederm: Below we highlight the main differences between Botox and Juvederm, two effective injectable fillers.
- Botox temporarily weakens the muscle which essentially reduces your ability to squint or frown
- It is most commonly used to smooth frown lines between the eyebrows and crow’s feet around the eyes
- Botox lasts anywhere from 3-4 months before it gradually begins to wear off
- It is more popular for those seeking preventive treatment
- Botox uses a refined solution of botulinum toxin type A (neuromuscular blocking toxin) that blocks the chemical that triggers muscle responses
- Juvederm is commonly used for lines around the mouth
- It is also used to enhance lips and increase volume/define and contour cheeks, chin and the jaw line
- Juvederm can also be used to smooth under-eye hallow and facial folds
- It can last up to 6 months
- Juvederm is correctible with an injection that immediately reverses the effects
- Juvederm is the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in patients of all skin types and colors
- Juvederm is a dermal filler that uses hyaluronic acid-based gel to fill in wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in our bodies which means Juvederm is safer and there is virtually no risk of an adverse reaction
- The cost of Juvederm on average in more per treatment than Botox
Click here for a short video that summarizes the main differences between Botox and Juvederm.
At Bense SurgiSpa one of our leading Registered Nurses, Technicians/Aestheticians will discuss the procedures, treatments, and products we offer to best suit your circumstance/situation. All patients are assessed and treatments are ordered by Dr. Michael Bense. Contact us today to book your FREE consultation!