Botox Cosmetic® is the #1 cosmetic procedure of its kind in North America today and the only approved treatment to temporarily improve frown lines and crow’s feet. It has been available in Canada for over 16 years. Botox Cosmetic® is a safe, non-surgical and non-invasive solution to smooth frown lines and wrinkles. Many people desire a younger and more vibrate appearance and are not ready for a surgical procedure. Botox Cosmetic® provides a safe, simple and highly effective solution to take control of the aging process and to look more refreshed and revitalized.
How does Botox work?
Botox Cosmetic® is injected into the muscle or under the dermis depending on the upper facial area treated. It soothes the treated muscles, preventing them from contracting. Botox Cosmetic® can be used to treat horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet and frown lines between the eyebrows.
What to expect from Botox Cosmetic®
This lunchtime treatment involves a few small injections using a very fine needle. The muscle begins to relax in a few days with peak results in a few weeks. We advise you to come back for a recheck appointment to assess the results at this time. The effects of Botox Cosmetic® usually last approximately three to four months, at which time another injection is required to maintain results. After repeated treatments, the effects often begin to last longer and therefore less frequent treatments may be required.
Our team of certified injectors works under the supervision and direction of Dr. Michael Bense. All of our patients are assessed by Dr. Bense prior to receiving any aesthetics treatment, providing a comprehensive and consultative approach with both surgical and non-surgical options to consider. Our entire team stays current with new treatments and technologies through memberships and regular continuing education. Our Clinic Director, Kristine Feaver-Noseworthy has over 30 years of nursing experience and has worked in the field of cosmetic aesthetics for 16 years. In 2002 Kristine became one of the first nurses in Canada to perform cosmetic injections, and today we are proud that she has become one of the “Top Nurse Injectors in Canada.”
Botox Therapeutic® is used to treat hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating in the underarms and palms. Injection with Botox interrupts the signal from the nerve to the sweat gland to reduce the sweating in the area that is affected.Benefits of Botox Therapeutic®
- Reduced sweating
- Covered by most private health care providers
What to expect from Botox Therapeutic®
- The treatment time is quick and can be perfomed over a lunch break, you can carry on with your regular daily routine immediately after treatment.
- A Physician or a Registered Nurse performs the BOTOX Cosmetic® treatment. Bense SurgiSpa is proud to offer treatments from recognized top injectors in Canada.
- Results of your treatment may take several weeks to take full effect.
- We recommend a follow-up appointment with Dr. Bense in two weeks.
- Botox Cosmetic® is a temporary procedure and at first, you may find that your treatment results will last several months. If you maintain your treatments, cumulative results may last longer.
- Dr. Bense will see his patients every three to four month period. He can create the best clinical results for you during this time frame.
- The length of your individual treatment will vary, depending on your individual case, but can be performed over the lunch break with an immediate return to regular activities.