Chemical Peels (light, medium and deep) are very popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures used to remove the top layers of the skin and improve sun damage, and unevenly pigmented and wrinkled skin. Improving the color and texture of your skin helps create a youthful look and restores a healthy, luminous and radiant appearance.
What is a glycolic peel?
A Glycolic Peel is a simple and controlled procedure, which removes dead surface skin cells revealing fresh, undamaged skin underneath.
Safe and effective, Glycolic Peels at Bense SurgiSpa, often referred to as “lunchtime peels” are perfect for the face, hands and décolleté. They correct many of the skin problems associated with an excessive build up of dead skin cells, which make the skin thick and dull, usually clogging the pores. It works on a deeper level than microdermabrasion. It helps to reduce fine lines, skin damage, enlarged pores, and hyperpigmentation – including age spots.
Glycolic Peels are very successful at:
- softening fine lines
- reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- increasingso smoothness of skin texture
- evening-out skin tone
- reducing acne, acne scarring, and comedones
- minimizing oiliness, dryness, fine lines and pores
- reducing sun spots, melasma, and hyperpigmentation
- increasing skin moisture
- increasing skin glow and radiance
- decreasing pore size
How does it work?
Glycolic Peels are designed to promote cellular turnover, to speed up the regeneration and renewal of healthy skin cells. At Bense SurgiSpa, Glycolic Peels are available in varying strengths, and the result is fresh, rejuvenated skin with improvements in fine lines, sun damage, acne scars and a variety of other undesirable issues. Glycolic Peel is a gentle treatment that helps balance problem complexions (acne-prone skin, whiteheads, blackheads, or oily; dry and patchy skin).
- After your Glycolic peel treatment you can return to work and resume your daily activities immediately. There is little to no redness or flaking to the skin. Use the recommended post peel medical grade skincare products afterwards as well as sun protection at all times. We suggest an initial series of six peels (one every two to four weeks), and top-ups every four to six weeks. You will feel your skin is clearer, smoother and brighter after each treatment.