Micro Laser Peel
Micro Laser Peel (MLP) is a non-invasive laser skin resurfacing treatment, which removes a thin layer of damaged skin to improve texture and vitality of the skin. Micro Laser Peel is a superficial epidermal exfoliation to a light dermal resurfacing skin treatment. It is administered with great precision and tailored to the nature of the problem to be corrected, such as wrinkles, scars, laxity, or pigmentation problems. Micro Laser Peel provides the light, quick recovery side to laser skin resurfacing.
How does MLP work?
The beam is scanned over the treatment area to remove a very thin layer of the skin. Removing the top layer eliminates some of the damaged cells that can give skin a tired, aged look. The depth is controlled by the energy of the Erbium: YAG laser, and is predetermined by evaluation of patient’s desires and treatment goals. The Erbium: YAG laser provides ultimate precision in skin resurfacing, allowing the operator to set treatment parameters for as superficial as a 10-micron epidermal ablation to deep surgical skin resurfacing, equivalent to the depth of treatment accomplished by CO2 laser.
Micro Laser Peel is one of the most effective ways to treat accumulated sun damage and aging skin without the downtime of deeper surgical skin resurfacing. It is minimal to full epidermal (20-25 microns) peel. Because this procedure goes deeper into the epidermis, it is the perfect step between Microdermabrasion and other deeper peels.
What does MLP treat?
Micro Laser Peel is a smoothing or polishing procedure for the skin. The goal of the procedure is the removal of skin damage with the intent of improving the vitality of the skin. Deeper treatments yield more significant improvement, but also have more downtime for healing. MicroLaserPeel treats the full face, for acne pitting, blotchiness, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, large pores, and facial rejuvenation.
- Acne pitting
- Fine lines
- Wrinkles and Skin Texture
- Sun damage (including freckles)
- Pigment irregularities
Almost any skin areas can be treated, but the most popular treatment areas are the face, neck, chest and hands.
- Excellent results can be obtained in just one treatment, however depending on the indication for treatment more may be recommended. Your physician will develop a plan based on your specific needs, it may also be recommended to combine MLP with another aesthetic procedure.
- Most MLP treatments can be done within ½-¾ hour.
- The MLP treatment is very comfortable, with little to no pain because it does not penetrate very deep into the skin. A topical anesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area for 1 hour prior to treatment. An oral medication may be prescribed and if required, based on the treatment plan.
- You will notice a significant and immediate improvement in skin texture and tightness with smoother more vibrant skin.
- No bandages or dressings are required after the procedure. Vaseline or another recommended creme is applied repeatedly for the first two days, after which time your regular moisturizer can be used.
- The healing process varies from patient to patient but will generally take 3-10 days, however many patients return to work within 3-4 days. Immediately following the procedure you will feel as if you have a bad sunburn, some swelling around the eyes is possible, skin tightness, minor scaling, and itchiness. The redness will begin to fade and your skin will flake off.
- Avoid direct sun exposure until fully healed and use sun protection every day to avoid sun damage and premature aging of the skin.