Microdermabrasion is a superficial skin resurfacing treatment, which performs a progressive and controlled exfoliation of the skin, leaving one’s skin with a healthy glow. Performed with a diamond tip applicator or a jet of fine mineral crystals passing over the skin’s surface. It is a great accompaniment to chemical peels achieving ultimate skin care results.
What conditions does Microdermabrasion treat?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation/brown/age spots
- Stretch marks/surgical scars
- Face and body peeling
- Acne skin/scars
- Enlarged Pores
- Oily skin
- Ingrown hairs
- Dull skin
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Sun damaged skin
Men and women of any skin type or color can benefit from this treatment. Most common areas of treatment are the face, neck, chest, shoulders, back, hands, knees, and elbow.
What is the difference between Crystal and Diamond Microdermabrasion?
At Bense SurgiSpa, we offer two different types of Microdermabrasion, Crystal, and Crystal-Free (also known as Diamond).
The Crystal Microdermabrasion uses a hand piece that propels natural mineral crystals onto the surface of the skin, gently abrading the dead dry cell tissue. The crystals and dead skin cells are instantly vacuumed into a disposable unit. Crystal Microdermabrasion stimulates the production of new cells and collagen thereby promoting new, healthy skin.
The Diamond Microdermabrasion replaces the micro-crystal flow with a disposable or reusable diamond tip wand. The areas closer to the eyes and mouth are treated more accurately with diamond abrasion (no risk of stray crystals causing damage or ingested). Other than a more directed flow, Diamond (Crystal-Free) Microdermabrasion works in the same way traditional Crystal Microdermabrasion does.
- Treatments are quick and performed over a lunch break.
- After treatment, you may experience slight tingling, the skin may feel tighter and slightly flushed, as if exposed to the wind or sun. This usually fades quickly.
- There is no downtime and one can resume normal activities immediately after treatment.
- While you may see results after the 1st treatment, lasting and more significant results achieved through a series of four to eight treatments. The number and frequency are dependent upon the condition being treated. Treatments may be spaced every one to two weeks apart giving the treated area time to heal.