ProFractional Laser Resurfacing by Sciton is Bense SurgiSpa’s solution for achieving excellent resurfacing results. It is a quick and comfortable fractionated skin resurfacing laser used for improving the overall appearance of your skin. The treatment uses a laser beam to treat thousands of pinpoint areas of the skin.
The effect is an immediate tightening and lifting of the skin and underlying tissue. Unlike other lasers, ProFractional is used on all skin types and tones and works well on your entire face: forehead, eyes, nasolabial folds, lip lines, chin, neck, chest, and hands.
How does ProFractional work?
The ProFractional laser creates narrow-diameter channels into the skin, ablating only a fraction of the treatment area. The benefits of ProFractional is increased comfort, shorter healing, and precise results that can range from subtle to dramatic. Not like full field resurfacing, which removes the entire surface area of a treatment site and has a longer recovery time.
ProFractional makes clean, micro-ablated channels in the skin surface, activating fibroblast production resulting in increased skin thickness. By ablating only a portion of the skin and leaving the surrounding tissue intact, this helps activate the healing process due to the presence of stem cells and melanocytes in the papillary dermis.
ProFractional can vaporize any depth of tissue from 25 to 1500 µm per pass with extreme precision. The procedure usually takes 15-30 minutes depending on the condition and the size of the area treated. For optimal results, ProFractional is typically performed in a series of 3 to 4 treatments, spaced 3 to 4 weeks apart.
ProFractional can treat a wide variety of skin conditions, including:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Skin laxity
- Post-traumatic scars
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Aging and sun-damaged skin
- Skin texture and tone
- Acne scars (Best Treatment)
- Fine lines
- Surgical scars
- Enlarged pores
- Bumpy skin
- Actinic keratosis
- Sun damage and age spots
- Skin tightening with thermal ablation
- Effect continues to improve over 8-12 months
- Smoothes and tightens eyelid skin
- Superficial pigmentation problems like sun damage with brown spots
One unique quality of the erbium laser resurfacing is that it treats hyperpigmentation (sun spots, age spots, liver spots) better than any CO2 laser. The skin pigment rests in the superficial skin layers and is better suited to absorb the erbium laser energy. Therefore, if you have areas of darker skin discoloration, superficial erbium laser resurfacing might be right for you.
ProFractional works very well as a stand-alone procedure or combined with other treatments. Some examples of combination therapies include:
- ProFractional & MicroLaserPeel™ – Begin with MicroLaserPeel for full field treatment that removes superficial irregularities followed by ProFractional stimulating collagen remodeling through deep fractional ablation.
- ProFractional & IPL – Start with our IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment for full field treatment to remove pigmented lesions followed by ProFractional.
- ProFractional & Fractora Forma – Start with Fractora Forma to improve skin laxity followed by ProFractional.
- No surgery or injections are required.
- Safe and proven to tighten and contour, with improvements in tone, and texture occurring naturally through the stimulation of collagen.
- ProFractional (a fractionated ablative laser skin resurfacing); 25 – 1500 microns deep. Each treatment targets on average 11% of the skin’s surface.
- ProFractional with Sciton technology is a skin solution for achieving excellent resurfacing results with minimal downtime. Treatments are about four weeks apart, and you’ll see the best results about two to three months later. Individual results may vary.
- Most patients see best results with 3-6 ProFractional treatments, depending on your skin concern and severity. One every four weeks as needed.
- Compared to full field TRL resurfacing that removes the entire surface area, ProFractional ablates narrow-diameter channels into the skin, covering only a fraction of the treatment area. Thereby, initiating the body’s wound healing response, while leaving the surrounding tissue intact for more rapid healing. Profractional recovery time is quicker.
- The benefits of ProFractional is increased patient comfort, shorter healing times, and results that can range from subtle to dramatic. Treatment usually takes 1 hour to perform.